People who hunt or camp out of tents are a rugged and durable breed. They need canvas tents that are just as hard-wearing as them. Outfitter Warehouse proudly offers a variety of canvas tents, including wall tents, porch/cook shacks, spike tents, range tents and much more. Made with quality materials and unsurpassed workmanship, our tents are your best choice.
Make Your Tent Purchase Wisely
- Purchasing a fly (an added layer of protection) with your tent brings essential benefits and is highly recommended. Exposed to moisture, a canvas wall tent sometimes wicks or leaks when touched. A fly provides the protection to keep this from happening. Additionally, it protects against sparks from your stove or fire as well as the deteriorating effects of UV rays. A fly also shields your tent from pitch and sap. Finally, and not always considered, a fly creates air space above your tent’s roof, creating an insulating effect that keeps you warmer!
- A tent without ventilation can be miserable during hot summer months. Outfitter Warehouse recommends purchasing a tent with a back door or window, which provides cooling cross ventilation.
- Having difficulty deciding between two different sizes of tent? We recommend going with the larger of the two. People are often disappointed when their tent purchase turns out to be too small for their needs. Going with that next size up provides added room for luggage, storage, or the luxury of a sleeping cot.
- Adding options to a tent is much easier during the initial purchase. Spend some time considering the features that you want, and make your order accordingly. Adding options later can be much more difficult after you have received your tent. Talk to others. Find out what they value about their tents. Use what you learn to purchase the perfect tent for you.
- Your tent door will either zip or tie closed. Zippered doors are more effective in cold conditions because they don’t allow air into the tent. Something to consider!
- Canvas tents are not always made to the exact size that was specified during ordering. Rolls of canvas can differ by three or four inches, which affects the dimensions of the finished tent. Often a tent’s finished size is smaller than the listed size. Be aware, Outfitter Warehouse tents are NOT listed in finish size, although Montana Canvas tents are within one inch of advertised size, making them a good choice for those wanting nearly exact specifications.
- Finish size variation can also affect the height of a canvas wall tent’s walls. Sometimes a wall with a listed height of five feet might run four feet, seven inches after cutting. Keep this in mind when ordering your tent.
Of course, the right gear is essential for camping, but it’s not only about the gear. Once you get to your chosen site, make decisions that will enhance your camping experience. First, if there are trees above your site, check them for dead branches. You wouldn’t want high winds to knock a thick branch down onto your new tent – or worse yet, onto you! To keep water moving away from your tent, choose the highest ground in the site. Before setting up your tent, check the area for branches or rocks, especially if you intend to sleep on the ground. Even if you’re sleeping in a cot, rough ground under foot can be uncomfortable and wear away at the floor of your tent. Taking these initial precautions can really ensure an enjoyable camping experience.
Wall Tent Stoves
An essential purchase, wood burning camp stoves have been keeping hunters and campers warm and dry for years. Whether called wall tent stoves, hunting stoves, barrel stoves or sheepherder stoves, these durable campsite accessories are useful for warmth, cooking food, boiling water and drying clothing or footwear. Treated properly, they will last an outdoor enthusiast for years!
Family-owned, Outfitter Warehouse is your online source for top-of-the-line Canvas Wall Tents, Tipis, Wood Camp Stoves, Tent Frames, and a myriad of other accessories. We are an authorized dealer of the leading tent manufacturers in the industry, including Cylinder Stoves, Montana Canvas, and Reliable Tent. Additionally, we carry an exceptional line of Wood Burning Camp Stoves from such manufacturers as Cylinder Stoves, Kwik Kamp, Kni-Co, Riley Stoves, and Sims Stoves.
Our mission at Outfitter Waterhouse is simple: Provide our customers with the best products and services possible, and thereby help them create absolutely outstanding camping experiences. Whether it is an overnight getaway with family and friends or a multi-week, high-country adventure, we are committed to helping our customers select products that will meet their individual camping needs. Moreover, we want to provide you with the best possible prices. We are more than just a point of sale for premium brand, reasonably-priced products. We also have extensive knowledge and experience in the camping/hunting industry, which means that your passions are our passions. Our goal is to provide you with the products, services, and prices that we would want for ourselves.
In short, we can meet your camping needs with products, services, and prices that you expect.
Outfitter Warehouse wishes you the best in your outdoor adventures, and hopes that you choose to make us a part of them.